Apple crumble

Do you have a recipe you would like to share with us all? If so, please post here. A note of the ingredients, the method and whether it tastes good would be great. Recipes could also include those with special dietary needs eg Coeliac (gluten free) etc
Swift
Site Admin

Apple crumble

Post by Swift »

As the nights are drawing in and the leaves are falling off the trees, it always makes me think of comfort food. As we were returning from our walk today we passed a house with free apples on their wall to all those who would like some. They were cooking apples so this spurred me on to come home and make an Apple crumble for after dinner. As my husband is coliac this has to be made with all gluten free ingredients.. Anyway, the cut a long story short, I made one and it was delicious with lovely thick custard... umm.. and, a bonus, it was very easy to make......

Ingredients
900g (32oz) Bramley apples, washed, peeled and sliced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
100g (3½oz) granulated sugar
To make the crumble:
175g (6oz) gluten free plain flour*
75g (2½oz) butter, cubed
50g (1½oz) Demerara sugar

Method
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
Put the prepared apples, lemon juice and zest, and granulated sugar into an oven proof dish and mix together
Measure the flour and butter into a bowl and rub together until it looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the Demerara sugar, sprinkle on top of the fruit, and level the top
Bake in the preheated oven for about 30–40 minutes, or until it is starting to turn golden brown on top, and bubbling around the edges.

Have a go - it really is yummy

:D
*~*~* The power of love is greater than the love of power *~*~*