Deleted file

Do you have a problem with your computer? Why not ask here and see if any other member can help you solve it..?
Swift
Site Admin

Deleted file

Post by Swift »

Hi

Can anyone tell me please how to retrieve a deleted file without downloading any software to assist?

thanks

:?
*~*~* The power of love is greater than the love of power *~*~*

preacher
Site Admin

Re: Deleted file

Post by preacher »

There is a lot that can be done on Windows 10.

The simplest way is always to check the trash! (that is click on the recycle bin)

I did find this youtube video on it by a company that does make software to do it.

It might be worth a view, especially as it also deals with another couple of powerful feactures on windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SiTGVhWqT8

shalom

Preacher

Angie

Post by Angie »

:D

Swift
Site Admin

Post by Swift »

Thanks Preacher... just two small problems... firstly I run 8.1 lol and secondly it got deleted from recycle bin...I did some research and it looks like it is gone forever because it went to recycle bin first... just thought this was a good post to start this section off :lol:

preacher
Site Admin

Post by preacher »

I fit is gone from recycle bin, then the only way is a recovery program.

depending on how long ago you deleted it, depends if a recovery can find it.

When a file is deleted in windows, it is just marked as deleted and the space is freed on the disc to be overwritten.

So depending on how long ago it happened, and what else you have done on the computer then........ as any disk operation could overwrite it.

shalom

Preacher

Swift
Site Admin

Post by Swift »

Thank you Preacher... I knew I would get a good answer from you :D :D :D

Angie

Post by Angie »

Hi preacher Im using Windows 10, but when on one site it wont let me minimise so I can go to another site at the same time, any ideas ?
Thanks in advance

VectorOne

Post by VectorOne »

There is very good FREE software available to recover deleted deleted files. The best I've found is RECUVA by the same people who make CCLEANER. It is fast and easy to use, and even lets you know if the deleted deleted files are still available for recovery.

For those who may now know, when windows (any version) deletes a file, it merely removes the entry from the folder. The actual data remains on the hard drive somewhere. However, the clusters may or may not be overwritten by other applications. So you you need to recover quickly on a busy system. REVUCA scans your harddrive and reconstructs the cluster chains and presents a select-able list of files it's found.
Note: as long as the file is still in the recycle bin, it's safe from total loss. That's why I say 'deleted deleted' above.

Find it here: https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/download

They have other gems that work very well.

V.

Swift
Site Admin

Post by Swift »

Many thanks VectorOne :)... nice to see you posting...